SPECIFIC AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
• Proficient in cost effective project development including executing feasibility studies, finding supply sources, interacting with clients and vendors, conducting technical discussions and commercial negotiations.
•Experienced in contract administration from early stage document preparation, through negotiations, L/C or L/G handling, shipments, payment collection, and after contract negotiations.
• Experience working with banks or other financial institutions in the project financing process.
• Participation in major project management including project kick-off, scope clarification, design liaison, budget control, schedule control, subcontractor negotiations, customer meetings and the final after contract negotiations.
• Extensive knowledge and strong background in all phases of the metallurgical industry including iron and steel making, continuous casters, and hot and cold rolling mills for both flat and long products. Up to date on all the latest technologies of metal industry.
• Business background in accounting, marketing, economics, and financial areas.
• Sales experience in countries worldwide including USA, China, Japan, Korea, Thailand, Taiwan Malaysia, Indonesia, Morocco, Brazil, EU countries, etc.
• Have extensive contacts with many major Metal Producers and Trading Companies worldwide.
•Experience in all steps of opening a foreign based office or subsidiary. Currently owning and managing a successful operation in Beijing, China.
• Language ability includes native Chinese and fluency in English speaking and writing.
Simon has over 44 years experience in the steel industry. He began his career at Shanghai Alloy plant as a shift engineer. From there he worked for Baoshan Iron and Steel working as an engineer and technical negotiator for major capital projects with foreign suppliers. Simon then moved to the United States in 1980 and got his Masters degree from Northeast Louisiana University and then became a US citizen. Upon graduation he went to work for Pennsylvania Engineering Corporation as China Business Manager where he successfully developed PECOR’s entry into the Chinese market. For the next 18 years he worked for Tippins Incorporated/Tippins Technologies as Executive vice president of Sales where he was responsible for developing the Asian market with negotiating and signing over $950 million USD in contracts as well as establishing and managing the China office. When Tippins formed a joint venture in 2005 with SMS Demag to form SMS Demag Tippins LLC, he became Vice President of Sales where he was responsible for generating over $110 million USD in contracts.
Northeast Louisiana University (Monroe, LA)
Masters of Science in Chemistry (1980-1982)
Beijing Science and Technology University (Beijing, China)
Masters of Metallurgical Engineering (1960-1966)