Sinosteel Xingtai Machinery & Mill Roll Co., Ltd. (Sinosteel XTMMC), originally founded in 1958, is the first enterprise established by the Chinese government specializing in producing mill rolls and complete sets of metallurgical equipment and spare parts. It is now the world’s largest mill roll research and development center and production base.
The company is located in Xingtai City, Hebei Province. The company has a site area of 1.23 million square meters (13.24 million square feet), plant area of more than 400,000 square meters (4.306 million square feet) and total assets of 4.5 billion Yuan (about $662M). It has nine specialized mill roll production lines for all the ferrous and non-ferrous rolling mills, and more than 3500 sets of specialized equipment for mill roll melting, casting, forging, heat-treating and machining. The annual mill roll production capacity is 180,000 tons.
The Company developed and manufactured China’s first domestic-made ROKOP billet continuous casting machine, the first domestic-made coke dry quenching equipment, and the first domestic-made 6m and 7.63m coke oven armature. It now has three complete production lines consisting of a Continuous Casting Machine, Coke Dry Quenching and a coke oven armature with an annual production capacity of 80,000 tons.
More than 50 years since its establishment, the company’s business has spread all over the world where its mill rolls and metallurgical equipment have already become the first and foremost choice of internationally renowned steel enterprises, with products exported to over 40 countries and regions.
The company possesses a technical team of over 1000 experts, with China’s unique officially appointed and specialized mill roll research institute, Xingtai Roll Research Institute.
The company has the only nationally approved Postdoctoral R&D Institution in the mill roll industry and one of the first provincial-degree Technology Centers in Hebei Province. It has won 13 awards for national key new products and 52 technological awards at the ministerial level. The company has developed several hundred new products that filled domestic void, being always the first to develop and manufacture new types of rolls. The company is the drafting unit of the national mill roll standards and the only one in mill roll industry to win a national gold medal for quality.
World’s Leading Roll Manufacturing Equipment
The company is equipped with 39 sets of modern heavy melting equipment, 38 sets of casting equipment and 120 sets of heat treatment facilities, including 45-70t ladle refining furnaces, electric arc furnaces, electro-slag re-melting furnaces, medium frequency induction furnaces, advanced vertical and horizontal centrifugal casters, double frequency quenching machines, differential heat treating furnaces and car-type heat treatment furnaces, all of which are the leaders internationally.
The company is equipped with one 3150t hydraulic press, one 3150t oil press and one 8000t oil press as well as various types of specialized CNC lathes, milling machines, boring machines and grinders, 469 of them in total. They include the advanced CNC movable beam gantry boring and milling machine, 10t and 50t high precision CNC grinding machines imported from the U.S.A, and China’s largest CNC roll grinder and roll lathe with 100t and 160t net load capacity.
The company is equipped with 250mm large-sized floor type boring and milling machines, 16m milling planers, TK6919 CNC boring and milling machines, planning machine and drilling machines, over 200 of them in total.
Sinosteel XTMMC offers a wide array of rolls at different processing stages for a variety of mills, as listed below:
· Roughing Rolls for Hot Strip Mills
· Roughing Work Rolls for Hot Strip Mills
· Back-up Rolls for Cold & Hot Mills
· Work Rolls & Back-up Rolls for Steckel Mills
· High Speed Steel Work Rolls for Hot Strip Mill Finishing Stands
· Work Rolls for Hot Strip Mill Late Finishing Stands
· Back-up Rolls for Cold & Hot Tempering Mills
· Cold Mill Work Rolls
· Cold Mill Intermediate Rolls
· Work Roll for Hot & Cold Tempering Mills
· Non-ferrous Hot Mill Rolls
· Work Roll for 5m Heavy Plate Mills
· Work Rolls for Sendzimir Mills
· Work Rolls for Non-ferrous Cold Mills
· Table Rollers
· Break-down Rolls for Section Mills
· Composite Sleeved Rolls for Universal Section Mills
· Vertical Roll Rings for Universal Section Mills
· Horizontal Roll Rings for Universal Section Mills
· Edger Rolls for Section Mills
· Straightener Rolls for Section Mills
· Rolls for Seamless Tube Mills
· Piercer Rolls for Seamless Tube Mills
· Sizing Rolls for Seamless Tube Mills
· Reducer Rolls for Seamless Tube Mills
· Forming Rolls for Welding Tube Mills